Financial Aid Policy

Graduate students accepted into a degree program may apply for financial aid by contacting the Student Financial Services Office in the Student One Stop Center. Non-degree students are not eligible to apply for financial aid funds.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)- Students receiving financial aid of any type are required to make "Satisfactory Academic Progress" toward their degree. "Satisfactory Academic Progress" is defined by regulations of the U.S. Department of Education as "proceeding in a positive manner toward fulfilling degree requirements." According to these federal guidelines, students must maintain "Satisfactory Academic Progress" as defined in their college catalog. Students are reviewed at the end of each semester with regard to their continued eligibility for federal and/or institutional financial aid for the following year. The SAP standards are: 

  1. Complete two-thirds (67%) of all cumulative hours attempted to date with a passing grade.
  2. Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of: 3.00 Graduate Program
  3. Complete degree program within 150% of the standard timeframe required to earn the degree.

Graduate students must complete all requirements for their program within seven (7) academic years from the date of initial enrollment.